Rabbit Advocacy Network urges animal lovers everywhere to contact Whole Foods to ask them to stop selling rabbit meat at their stores
Here’s what you can do:
- Educate yourself about the lives that rabbits who live on meat farms suffer. This is how Whole Foods’ rabbits are raised; and this is how they are killed.
- Tell Whole Foods to stop selling rabbits.
- Visit these stores’ Facebook pages to share your thoughts on Whole Foods’ decision.
- Tell Whole Foods managers, staffers, and customers, what great animals rabbits are, and in particular, emphasize New Zealand rabbits, the rabbits being raised and killed for meat.
- Tell others to get onboard, via Facebook, Twitter, or even Pinterest.
- Visit our FAQ page to find some answers to your questions about our campaign
- Sign the online petition at Change.org.
- If you feel moved to do so, stop shopping at Whole Foods and take your business elsewhere until they stop selling rabbit meat.
- RAN Whole Foods Flyers and Posters Page
- Rabbit Advocacy Network Pinterest page
- RAN Whole Foods Image Page
Here are a few ways to contact Whole Foods
Whole Foods website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/customer-service
Whole Foods email: customer.questions@wholefoods.
Whole Foods Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/wholefoods
Individual store locations (to call): http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/list
Whole Foods Market, Inc.
550 Bowie Street
Austin, TX 78703-4644
Whole Foods is now selling rabbit meat in most of the country (Northern California, North Atlantic, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Florida, South, Pacific Northwest, Midwest, and the Washington, DC metro area). They are now auto-shipping rabbit meat to almost every store in the country, whether or not the store managers want the meat or not.
Please contact the regional management in those areas, as well as the store managers of your local stores. You can find their regional contacts here. Contacting them through Twitter at @WholeFoods, through their customer service form, and of course through your local store, will work no matter where you live. (If you live in a region that does NOT sell rabbit meat–Southern California, Southwest, Rocky Mountain, Southern Pacific, United Kingdom–please call, email, and speak to your own store managers and regional office staff as well, letting them know how much you appreciate the fact that they are not selling rabbit meat, and that you hope they won’t start!)